The Liebster Awards are a cool fun way to spread the love for small bloggers all over the internet. Here’s how they work:
Here are my answers to her questions…
1.Who or what inspires you to write?
To me, writing is about connecting with other people and sharing my life experiences in the hopes that other people can relate. It’s a big, crazy world out there full of awesome stuff, and you are not alone!
2. If you could live in any era, what would it be an why?
The 1920s, ’nuff said. I’d be a daring, independent and free wheeling flapper with a wardrobe and a bob to die for, kinda like Miss Fisher.
3. Finish this sentence, “When I’m not blogging, I’m _____”
Traveling! Dancing! Sleeping!
4. Name one thing on your bucket list. What are you waiting for?
Solo travel around the world. I’d like to put me feet on every continent before I die. I’m working on it!
5. What is a fear you would like to conquer?
I am terrified of the idea of being tied down to any one person, place, job or frame of mind. This can be a good thing, but on the other hand, it makes me constantly restless. I’d like to learn to be more content in the here and now.
6. What are your favorite blogs?
I love blogs written by people who are unabashedly following their dreams! I’m also a sucker for some great travel photography. A few of my favorites are: Teacake Travels, Willful and Wildhearted, Leave Your Daily Hell.
7. When is the last time someone did something really nice for you? What was it?
Someday I’m going to write a post about how expat friends are the best friends. It’s like I’ve got my own Kickass Lady Mafia all over the world that’s always there with fierce love, support and encouragement… and when that fails… a bottle of Prosecco. It’s not the big gestures that I’m into, it’s those small, consistent acts of kindness from people in my life who love me and want the best for me just like I want the best for them.
8. Are you a dog person, cat person or other?
I’m definitely a dog person! Big heart, full of adventure, never afraid to look silly.
9. What is the best vacation memory you have?
I’ve fulfilled a lot of travel dreams since I moved abroad. Getting to experience Iceland with some close friends from home this past winter was amazing. Likewise, my first solo trip to Prague was a dream come true!
10. Who would you like to thank for something?
11. Who is your favorite author or musician?
Okay… now it’s time for me to nominate some of my favorite up and coming blogs. Is it any wonder that most of them are all about travel and food?
And here are my 11 questions:
- Is there a chance you regret never having taken in life? What was it?
- Name three non-material items in life that you just couldn’t live without.
- What’s your secret talent?
- Is there anything in life you’re afraid of? What is it and why?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten whilst traveling?
- Have you ever been in a scary situation whilst on the road? How did you get out of it?
- What’s your dream destination and why?
- If you could have a secret power, what would it be?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- Who do you have a, “life crush”, on, i.e is there anybody out there doing amazing, inspiring things that you’d like to get to know better?
- What do you do to shake up your routine when you get bored?
Happy blogging, Liebsters!